Friday, April 27, 2018

Well, as a result of players getting drafted in the 1st Round, and some not getting drafted, I need to redo my 2nd Round, which will have implications for the following rounds. We still control the board, and some ripe plums have fallen to us. My new 2nd Round:

2/33 Josh Jackson      CB Iowa
2/35 Sam Hubbard     DE Ohio St
2/64 Orlando Brown  OT Oklahoma

We solve both Corner spots in one draft, as well as getting a fine edge rusher to pair with Garrett. Brown is someone who can be groomed to take the LT spot vacated by Joe Thomas. However, I would not start him there this year.

If Hubbard were to be taken at 34 (he won't,) I would take Maurice Hurst DT Michigan at 35. If Orlando Brown is off the board by pick 64, I'm hoping Nick Chubb RB Auburn is there and I'll take him. However, assuming I get all 3 of my picks in the 2nd, I still need a Running Back. Therefore, my best options are taking Kalen Ballage RB Arizona St in the 4th Round instead of Jessie Bates, or taking Bo Scarbrough RB Alabama in the 5th instead of Luke Falk. Since Falk is a luxury pick, I'd probably opt for taking Scarbrough in the 5th, but he's less likely to develop into a lead back. It probably would need to be addressed in 2019. (Yes, I know Derrious Guice RB LSU is sitting there and we could grab him at 33. I'd rather fix my secondary.)

I would have preferred (obviously) that we went with my original draft. More on that in the next few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment