Saturday, April 23, 2011

Why start blogging on the Cleveland Browns draft now?

I'll begin with the purpose of this Blog -

As any fan of the Cleveland Browns knows, the team has generally done a dismal job of drafting college football talent since coming back in to the NFL in 1999. As someone who follows the team and it's personnel moves, I've had my own choices over the years as to who the Browns should have drafted, at least regarding the 1st and 2nd rounds. My picks have generally turned out better than the actual picks the team's front office has made.

The drafting fortunes of the Browns may have taken a turn for the better since the selection process has come under the control of Tom Heckert with input from team President Mike Holmgren. The 2010 draft yielded some real talent that will help the Browns going forward, and there's no reason to suspect that 2011 won't be likewise fruitful. Nonetheless, given the convenience that the internet affords, I've decided to publish my draft preferences in this Blog, with a view to comparing how the players selected compare over time with my choices.

There is less than a week to go til the draft begins. I'll be publishing analysis daily, covering the players that many of the pundits predict to be available at the top of the draft this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment