Thursday, April 28, 2011

My "For The Browns" Board

I haven't had time ahead of the draft to go into the detail I would like, but before the draft starts, I want to publish by Draft Board as pertains to the Browns. I'll elaborate more post draft. The first guy still available is who I want them to select.

My "For The Browns" Top 10:

01) Patrick Peterson
02) Marcel Dareus
03) Von Miller

Three absolute studs. I had a very hard time picking between the top 2. If the Browns have any of these 3 fall to them, I will be downright giddy.

04) Robert Quinn
05) Nick Fairley
06) Da'Quan Bowers
07) Mark Ingram

I would be very happy with any of these as well. Edge rushers are very hard to come by, and we've needed one for nearly as long as I can remember. I'm not sure why Fairley is dropping down many boards. He's a player. In fact, Dareus & Fairley are that rare kind of Defensive Tackle that can not only stop the run, but also collapse the pocket and put pressure on the Quarterback. Mark Ingram is the most underrated player in this draft. He has the same body type and running style as Emmitt Smith, and running behind our line would pile up yardage. He would pair nicely with Peyton Hillis. I was one of the few back in 1990 who thought Emmitt Smith was the best player in that draft, despite falling to Dallas at No. 17. I'm not guaranteeing that Ingram will equal Emmitt Smith, but I think he'll be a Pro Bowler for years to come. The only reason I don't have him rated higher is because I haven't given up on Montario Hardesty.

08) A.J. Green
09) Julio Jones
10) Tyron Smith

If we end up with any of these 3, I would prefer it to be after having traded down. (Yes, I know Green is coming off the board early.) Jones is good, but reminds me of Braylon Edwards. Hope I'm wrong, as most mocks have us taking him.

No comments:

Post a Comment