Thursday, April 28, 2022

Cleanup On Aisle 21

 I never came back and posted which of my picks from 2021 were actually on the board when the Browns made their picks, and after figuring it out, it was not pretty. Most of the players I was targeting first in a particular round came off the board by the time the Browns pick came up.

Here's how it sorted out:

Round 1 / No. 26: (LB Zaven Collins, Tulsa) LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame


Round 2 / No. 59: DE Joseph Ossai, Texas


Round 3 / No. 89: (DT Milton Williams, Louisiana Tech) CB  Ifeatu Melifonwu, Syracuse


Round 3 / No. 91 (from Saints): (LB Chazz Surratt , North Carolina) LB Jabril Cox, LSU


Round 4 / No. 110 (from Eagles): (CB Benjamin St-Juste, Minnesota) OL Deonte Brown, Alabama  6'3"


Round 4 / No. 132: DE Joshua Kaindoh, Florida St.


Round 5 / No. 169 (from Rams): (S Divine Deablo, Virginia Tech) S Trill Williams, Syracuse


Round 6 / No. 211: (S Darrick Forrest, Cincinnati)  Not On Board


Round 7 / No. 257 (from Bills): K Jose Borregales, Miami



2 LB, 2 DE, CB, OL, S, K


The names in parentheses are my original selections for those rounds, followed by names not in parentheses of my alternate choices who were available when the Browns selected their picks. For the 6th Round, neither my original choice, nor my alternates were on the board. Since I originally had 2 Kicker options for Round 7, and one was already taken by the Bengals, there was no one to bump up to Round 6, leaving the slot blank. 😒


There's no doubt that Andrew Berry had a much better Draft than I had, but in all fairness, he's making picks as the Draft comes to him, and I'm doing it all at once. Also, there was no way to reasonably predict JOK's slide into the 2nd Round.

No comments:

Post a Comment